[FFmpeg-user] error Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Invalid argument

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Sat Apr 30 19:31:49 CEST 2016

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016, at 09:10 AM, juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> documentation once again conspicuous by its absence, I find by google

There is a wiki article that mentions it:
http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Errors

We welcome patches to improve the documentation. If that is not a
possibility for you then you can simply suggest specific changes, edits,
additions, etc.

> nngun another
> place to talk about this error
> Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?):
> Invalid argument
> my imput is: ffmpeg -i imput.avi -c copy -f mp4 -listen 1
> http://localhost:80

As usual, please show the complete console output from your command. It
will include important information. When you get the "Could not write
header..." error it should be accompanied by a more specific error
within the console output.