[FFmpeg-user] Trouble decoding ASF file from baby monitor

matt listy at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 26 16:42:45 CEST 2016

This may be a weird edge case, but I have a Levana baby monitor that
records ASF files which ffmpeg has trouble parsing.  I have tried 2.68
and latest from git and get the same result (slightly different error
verbiage).  Summary of error messages using latest from git, running
on Fedora 22 x86_64:

  $ ffmpeg -y -i V_000038.ASF -vcodec copy -acodec pcm_s16le  test.avi
  Marker bit missing at 81 of 144 before time_increment_resolution
  [mpeg4 @ 0x2bfa840] framerate==0
  [mpeg4 @ 0x2bfa840] Failed to parse extradata
  Marker bit missing at 81 of 144 before time_increment_resolution
  [mpeg4 @ 0x2bfa840] framerate==0
  [adpcm_ms @ 0x2c89fa0] ERROR: block_predictor[0] = 225
  Error while decoding stream #0:1: Invalid data found when processing input
  (repeats 21x)
  Conversion failed!

Here is the full ffmpeg output:

   https://pastebin.com/raw/zzXEWJWs

Here is my sample ASF file:

   https://dropfile.to/x7hQfJt

I have tried a few of ffmpeg's bug switches with no success.

FWIW, VLC (windows) will play the ASF with video but no audio.  MPC+HC
doesn't play anything.  The baby monitor itself plays back the files
fine, with video and audio.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

-Matt