[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg development

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Apr 18 15:37:27 CEST 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 13:12:36 +0900, PSPunch wrote:
> 1. Measure LUFS using BS1770GAIN.
>     http://bs1770gain.sourceforge.net/

ffmpeg's "ebur128" filter handles a subset of this, apparently. I'm
sure it would appreciate some additional algorithms. Patch welcome. ;-)

> 2. Transcode the source with FFmpeg with "--vol" option using values
> parsed earlier.

I'm not aware of that option (ffmpeg doesn't even support double-dash
options?), but you can use the "volume" audio filter:
  [...] -af volume="7.3 dB" [...]
or something like that.

And don't forget to avoid clipping, unless that doesn't matter to you.

Moritz