[FFmpeg-user] OpenCV and FFMPEG Interface for Zynq board

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Apr 16 12:58:50 CEST 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 13:02:23 +0000, Neha Makhija wrote:

> I could successfully cross compile and install the FFMPEG for the arm
> board. Now when I am cross-compiling OpenCV, it gives me the error
> that "ffmpeg/videio.h" missing.

There is no ffmpeg header of that name. So OpenCV seems broken. And
ffmpeg headers are not installed in "ffmpeg/headername.h", but rather
"libavsomething/headername.h".

> Further debugging this problem I found that ffmpeg changed the format
> to lib* name and OpenCV had put a Flag check (HAVE_GENTOO_FORMAT or
> HAVE_FFMPEG_FORMAT) for it. After googling about it, I understood
> that the flag is by default passed by FFMPEG code to the OpenCV. Here
> I am unable to understand how it happens?

So am I. I can't find that flag in OpenCV source code:
https://github.com/Itseez/opencv/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=HAVE_GENTOO_FORMAT
But I can find HAVE_FFMPEG_FORMAT, but it seems about including support
(?) of libavformat.

> $ make
> <This gives error of the missing include files>

Depending on how the make system is configured, it also echos the
command line used for the failing compile. That would be quite useful
too. But actually useless, considering the issue above.

Moritz