[FFmpeg-user] Order for Filters

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Apr 14 19:11:55 CEST 2016

Nicholas Robbins writes:

> > But if the input is letterboxed, you should definitely crop
> > first.
>
> The input definitely appears to be letterboxed. Is there some
> difference between "appearing" to be letterboxed and actually
> being letterboxed that I should check for?

Please remember that I live in PAL country and my mother tongue
is not English: Does "letterboxed" mean black bars either left
and right or above and below the actual image?
If yes, what is the difference between "apparent black bars"
and "actual black bars"?
I think we can agree that the black bars do not help fieldmatch
but take time to process and should therefore be removed as
early in the process as possible.