[FFmpeg-user] compile ffmpeg without mp3 support

habib habib.bouaziz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:11:06 CEST 2016

Le 12/04/2016 08:38, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> habib <habib.bouaziz <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> You disabled mpg123 support, which is a certain
>>> implementation  mplayer uses. You didn't disable ffmpeg's
>>> support for mp3.  (Which is what you're asking I guess.)
>> oh yes of course that's what i need really ; No mp3 at all. I
>> did not understand why some others are speaking about laws or
>> lawyers ...
> You wrote that you are searching for "a configure param to
> disable all except free codecs" which implies that you make a
> difference between "free" codecs like vorbis and other codecs
> like mp3.
>
> I suspect everybody here disagrees with such an assumption (or
> they wouldn't work on or with FFmpeg).
>
> If you think that this difference exists, FFmpeg is not the
> right tool for you: While you can disable certain codecs,
> there is neither a guarantee that disabling a codec disables
> all algorithms related to that codec, nor is there a
> configure switch that disables all algorithms used in FFmpeg.
> (Not even --disable-all)
There are differences and not only for me. If FFmpeg developers are
considering there are no differences between codecs - although these
codecs are sharing same algos - then i feel very sad ... and i agree
mplayer is not the right tool for guys like me (it does not promote
codecs like e.g vorbis, flac).

Sorry guys for my misunderstanding.