[FFmpeg-user] Interlaced x264

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:02:40 CEST 2016

Anatol wrote:
> Thanks And,
> But no, it did not help

Please avoid top posting.

Yea, I missed that your rather long command line already had -top 1
in addition to -flags +ilme+ildct.

Earlier in the thread mediainfo got a mention and given progressive
input for libx264 either

-vf setfield=tff -x264opts tff=1 or

-top 1 -flags +ilme+ildct

will produce correct output in the sense that ffprobe/mediainfo will
show tff and mbaff will be used by libx264.

Using idet as has been said will just show what it really is.

If your source is 50 or 60(/1.001) fps progressive than you could try
to make real interlaced from it with tinterlace.

Your input bbb test file is 30 fps, your ffmpeg is not current, and I
guess libx264 is old, or maybe doesn't get/parse your "monster" command
line :-)

I mean if I using a simple line, ask for interlaced -x264opts tff=1 then
I see it works by output from libx264 like -

[libx264 @ 0x30125a0] interlace + weightp is not implemented

I don't see that in your output (it's informational, not an error).