[FFmpeg-user] Extract images from concatenate .VOB

Etienne Desautels etienne.desautels at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 23:33:08 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-14, at 19:52, petesea at frontier.com wrote:

> You may want to look into vgtmpeg - http://godromo.com/gmt/vgtmpeg
>
> It might be nice if the ffmpeg and vgtmpeg developers could get together and see if the dvd/bluray code from vgtmpeg could be put directly into ffmpeg.

I finally tried vgtmpeg but unfortunately it did not work to extract a frame from a DVD. I have open a ticket on their tracker, if someone want more info, check it (https://github.com/concalma/vgtmpeg/issues/6). I'm going back to a solution that use dvd2concat.

But I'm still convinced that DVD/Blu-ray support should be built in FFmpeg and that the work done in vgtmpeg it's more then just a start. It's based on the de-facto libraries for DVD and Blu-ray, libdvdread and libbluray. And, if we can believe this post (http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-163545.html), the author looks open to merging back in FFmpeg some features. But no need to say that the main problem is still that someone as to put time on this... I know, there's nothing magical.

Regards,
Etienne