[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg Library

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Sep 17 15:48:45 CEST 2015

Satinder, please take note of this! Harald pointed it out, but it is
still being ignored:

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 13:33:06 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> what's wrong with you that you just can't wait for possible answers
> while you are NOT USING FFMPEG AT ALL - that is a stoneold libav

In other words: The "ffmpeg" you are using is not the ffmpeg we
support. And it is quite old. Please be sure to use the latest from
www.ffmpeg.org.

Apart from that:
This list is about ffmpeg, the command line tool(s). If you need help
with using the library, please refer to the libav-user list:

They won't like that version you're currently using either.

Apart from that, we (on this list here) are probably happy to help with
problems linking against the (proper) ffmpeg libraries. But please
provide at least the minimum information required to help you (or
anyone):

What are you trying? (Complete command line.)
What happened? (Console output, error messages, ...)
What were you expecting to happen?

Moritt