[FFmpeg-user] Failing to build ffmpeg with ffplay support

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:58:47 CEST 2015

On Mac OS X, I find the easiest way to install all the dependencies for ffmpeg, including sdl, is using homebrew.  This is a huge convenience as some of the packages are very difficult to compile. Just install homebrew and let it do it’s magic.   For example, the initial command I used after installing homebrew is:

brew install libogg libvorbis libgsm libvpx fdk-aac lame libass orc xvid yasm pkg-config x264 x265 sdl

Then just build ffmpeg the usual way with the options you want.