[FFmpeg-user] VDR recording - dvd subtitle track not decoded

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Sep 15 18:42:33 CEST 2015

Richard F <lists <at> keynet-technology.com> writes:

> Yes, the sources are most probably the most accurate way.
> But ffprobe lists the stream contents as shown below
> I was hoping somebody would spot something in there
> that's stopping it decoding
>
> [STREAM]
> index=3
> codec_name=dvdsub

When old vdr recorded from satellite (into a program
stream for which dvbsub are most likely not defined)
why (or better:) how would the dvbsubs that were
transmitted suddenly become dvdsubs?

My main question is: Why was this only reported now?
Is it necessary to force (old) vdr to produce such
broken streams?

I created ticket #4855.

Thank you for the sample, Carl Eugen