[FFmpeg-user] Extract images from concatenate .VOB

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Sep 14 18:01:15 CEST 2015

L'octidi 28 fructidor, an CCXXIII, Etienne Desautels a écrit :
> I just found the '-safe' option. Looks like everything works fine now. You
> can forgot my previous message.

Good. To address your other message:

> In another vein, I found that it's a bit sad that the information about DVD
> structure but mostly about dvd2concat.pl is almost inexistent. For something
> that's common use with FFMpeg, ie working with DVD. I think it's why there's
> misconception.

I believe everybody agree that it would be nice if DVD reading were better
integrated in FFmpeg, but it requires work. We can not really advertise
dvd2concat as long as it relies on an external tool that is not so common,
and even worse, that requires a non-standard patch.

If you know the syntax for IFO files, or can learn it, or know someone who
knows, or know the libdvdread API, etc., do not hesitate to propose a patch
that puts it directly in dvd2concat to make it autonomous.

If you are really courageous, you can endeavour to dig the patches for
complete DVD support and bring them up to date and up to standards. This
would be outstanding! But it is a lot of work, because the structure of a
DVD does not fit well with the architecture of FFmpeg.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George