[FFmpeg-user] VDR recording - dvd subtitle track not decoded

Henk D. Schoneveld belcampo at zonnet.nl
Mon Sep 14 15:06:04 CEST 2015

On 14 Sep 2015, at 13:40, Richard F <lists at keynet-technology.com> wrote:

> I added 002.vdr to my Google drive - 17M
> This contains 15 subtitle pictures.
> The recording is from ITV3, the other was ITV2, but the timing offset
> issue is also present, as it is from BBC recordings
> Note that as I said before, ProjectX doesn't show subs onscreen, if you
> demux JUST the sub stream, you get them in a sub format file.
> Open source Subtitle edit is here
> http://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit/
I’m on OSX, and don’t want to fuzz around with all those subtitle stuff.
I just recorded a short piece from ITV. Is this what you are looking for ?
The original from satellite plays fine in VLC and the encoded one with ffmpeg.
http://we.tl/W3HfON0256
You just have to use another application then VDR, it cripples good stuff to almost unusable.