[FFmpeg-user] Not using all resources

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 22:16:43 CEST 2015

Henk D. Schoneveld wrote:
> First tried to upload to incoming but ii’s presented to me as RO
>
> Uploaded a 20MB file for someone interested in investigating at:
> http://we.tl/CpG3aaamaO

It does seem to decode slower than other similar bitrate TV samples I have.

It also shows my cpufreq issue = 50% faster if I force perf.

I notice I don't gain with anything more than threads=2, so perhaps it's
something to do with slices (pure speculation I don't even know how to
look into h264 to find that info).

I have other samples which do gain speed with threads > 2.