[FFmpeg-user] Invalid duration specification for force_key_frames

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Sep 4 23:51:13 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 13:42:47 -0800, Lou wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2015 15:39:15 +0200
> Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > I always have my problems decoding this N-36084-g993c84e stuff (why
> > can't any of the git web interfaces search for g993c84e?)
>
> 993c84e (notice no "g" prefix)

That was a "d'uh!" moment when I figured that out.

> does not appear to be a valid
> abbreviated commit hash for any commit in the repository.

It's the latest commit in this repo:
https://github.com/artclarke/xuggle-xuggler/
which seems to host the source for Frans's ffmpeg version (note his
version's extra string). Ironically, that git commit marked this repo
as deprecated, and nothing useful happened there for months before.
What a bad place to grab ffmpeg from. ;-)

Moritz