[FFmpeg-user] problem with command line ffmpeg

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:12:03 CET 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Azmira,
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 03:44:49 +0000, Nor Azmira Mohamed Kamil wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with command line. When I used command line to
>> insert in FFmpeg Transcoding configuration in Aspera Orchestrator the
>> output become error. Below is the screenshot off command that I used
>> and the output become invalid argument means that the command that I
>> used not valid. Any solution to solve this problem? Can you give me
>> valid list of command line.
>
> Please learn to copy text instead of using screenshots. It is much more
> effective, many here will refuse to reproduce your attempts, because
> it's too tedious to type all your text from an image.
>
>> [cid:image002.png at 01D110AC.CD8108A0]
>
> ffmpeg, at least the builds I know of (and possibly every build?) does
> not support UNC paths like //hostname/sharename/path/file. You need to
> map that path to a drive letter using Windows, then ffmpeg can access
> it.
>
> Moritz

Following on from what Moritz said, it looks like you've entered your
output parameters BEFORE the source filename.
You want the equivalent of ffmpeg -i INPUT -c copy output

With the options you've selected, you appear to be outputting:
ffmpeg -c copy -i INPUT OUTPUT

As i'm not sure of how familiar you are with ffmpeg, please take a
look at this page, as using -c copy will only copy over one video,
audio, subtitle stream
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How%20to%20use%20-map%20option