[FFmpeg-user] dshow: Multi channel Video Capture Cards for FFmpeg

Andrew Blake andrewfblake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 04:04:06 CEST 2015

Hello experts!

Sorry i'm a bit of a newbie with ffmpeg so please bare with me! I'm trying
to convert multiple PAL video camera streams to images (16+ streams) ...and
I'm wondering how I can identify if a Video Capture card will be supported
by FFmpeg through Dshow and if there is someway i can find out before I buy
the card, install it and run:  ffmpeg -list_devices true -f dshow -i dummy
..? Is there a way to check a Video Capture card somehow before buying it
or can i assume that ffmpeg/dshow is supported in most multichannel video
capture cards? a little googling suggests that the NUUO cards are supported?

So sorry if this isn't the right forum for this question,

Thank you!