[FFmpeg-user] Slicing a 4K video to images and then encoding them back using the same codec

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Oct 19 11:40:13 CEST 2015

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 11:46:34 +0000, Liran Sharoni wrote:
> I don’t have 2 files, I have only 1 movie , and thats it.

You do: You posted mediainfo info for two files (the input and the
output), and I requested you provide that with ffmpeg.

> When I mean "nearly identical" I mean EVERYTHING = contaminate the
> video as little as possible ( besides the superimposed numbers)

That is a question of encoding quality settings, not solely of codec
parameters.

> Instead of following the parameters Data-rate (constant\variable and
> quantity), Frame-rate(constant\variable and quantity) etc. I want a
> method to keep the previous encoding parameters of the video ( the
> original non-numbered one).

Data rate and frame rate are also encoding parameters.

Why do you want to keep as many parameters of the original video as
possible?

> If a suggestion like Kieran would work with "-vcodec copy" I'd be a
> happy man , but this isn't the case , because I get an error ( for
> applying a filter)

Yes, that is a user error. You cannot change the contents of the video
while copying, those are two totally different concepts. In other
words: Copying a video stream implies _not_ changing it at all.

Moritz