[FFmpeg-user] HEVC decoding of first frame

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Oct 18 01:37:57 CEST 2015

Christian Herglotz <christian.herglotz <at> fau.de> writes:

> Mean decoding times for      FFmpeg        HM
>      460*240 1 I-frame:             0.15s            0.18s
>      460*240 2 I-frames:            0.23s            0.36s

I may absolutely misunderstand what you are trying
to show but please understand that afaik, the two
decoders cannot be compared.
Please provide command line and complete, uncut
console output, add -threads 1 if you really want
to measure performance decoding one frame and
please test current FFmpeg git head, nothing
else is supported on this mailing list.

Please don't top-post here, Carl Eugen