[FFmpeg-user] Quicksync Ubuntu

dexterp1000 . dpatten91 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 01:27:22 CEST 2015

So, I've been trawling the net since the FFMPEG 2.8 announcement for any
information on how to enable and use QS support in Ubuntu. Quicksync is the
one thing that is keeping me tied to Windows.

>From what I have seen/read/tried so far, I need to install the mediasdk -
which is okay, but requires some real setting up, and then compiling
libmfx. This is usually where my problems start. I get numerous errors
about pkg-config not being able to find libmfx. If anyone can help me suss
this out, I would be eternally greatful.

Dexter