[FFmpeg-user] encrypted red files R3D

Jim Shupert, Jr. jshupert at theppsgroup.com
Fri Oct 9 17:04:35 CEST 2015

Friends,

It is my understanding that ffmpeg could once upon a time work with red
camera files.[ fl.R3D ]
But the good folks at red have defeated that noble endeavor by encrypting
the files.

I do not find much info on this by my googling.
I wonder if anyone here knows more on this subject.

1-confirm that it is impossible with current red footage.
2-where is the point in time / version when that happened.
meaning- if I had older red footage would it work? How old?
3- what is the likelyhood that a counter measure could be employed?

Thanks