[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg - use for mpeg-ts streaming

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Oct 5 10:23:00 CEST 2015

Ran Shalit <ranshalit <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I thought to use ffmpeg library to muxing given
> encoded buffer, and stream into mpeg-ts using udp
> (doing it in code , not shell).

Fortunately, you can use the ffmpeg executable first
to test if what you want to do works or not before
implementing it in your application.

> I would like to ask if using ffmpeg for streaming
> this way is recommended or better using another
> library for streaming such as live555.

I wasn't aware that live555 supports mpeg-ts over udp.
Does it?

> I only would like to ask if there are known issues
> with ffmpeg used for mpeg-ts udp streaming.

Definitely: Muxing transport streams is not trivial
and bugs exist.
(I suspect sending data over udp is trivial.)