[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg screencapture from a virtual xserver larger than the physical screen

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:33:27 CET 2015

On 11/19/15, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
> Le nonidi 29 brumaire, an CCXXIV, Moritz Barsnick a écrit :
>> Would you consider SDL to be an option, if it was supported in the
>> build?
>
> Yes, indeed, forgot this one.

Thanks Moritz and Nicolos for additional input about SDL which also works fine.

> And I have no idea why x2x does not work. Except... "into the piped
> window"... With "-east", the pointer must be moved to the rightmost side of
> the screen to take control of the other display. The window where ffmpeg
> copies it is unrelated.

Did exactly as you described, but there is no mouse or keyboard
interaction with the ffmpeg-piped window. Tried with -south option and
brought the mouse to the bottom of the screen, no luck.

If anyone has glued x2x with the ffmpeg-piped displays of the Xvbf
virtual server, appreciate if you share.

Wbr,
/z