[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG to Tangberg video conferencing

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Nov 18 20:15:45 CET 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 18:02:59 +0330, Davood Falahati wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. As I can see in device's web-page panel, here are
> the specifications about the device is attached to this mail. Device is

Wow, a screenshot of the system settings. I actually wanted to know how
you access the stream from your PC.

> called TANDBERG, sorry for the typo.

You're making it as difficult as possible for us, aren't you? ;-) The
company is called Tandberg, the device is actually called Tandberg
Profile 6000 MXP, that's the info we can make use of.

Well, I went to the trouble of doing what I asked you to, and found the
device documentation:

https://www.vcwarehouse.com/v/vspfiles/Data_Sheets/tandberg_6000_mxp/videoconferencing-tandberg-profile-6000-mxp-user-manual.pdf

It points out that you can access your stream under the web page
http://<yourdevice/showstream.ssi
so in your case probably:
http://10.10.1.23/showstream.ssi

If you open that page in your web browser, it will try to show a stream
with the QuickTime plugin. (I have found only devices without streams
running, unfortunately.) Alternatively, it offers you this:

  "If you can not see any stream above (unless streaming is not
  running), download QuickTime™ 4 (or later) plugin or other streaming
  client that understands SDP and/or can handle RTP.

  If you have no SDP capable client, but one that understands RTP.
  Direct it/them to the following addresses:"

ffmpeg should handle SDP and RTP streams just fine. Use those given
addresses as input to ffmpeg and see what happens. (One address is
probably: http://10.10.1.23/stream.sdp )

Let us know how it goes.
Moritz