[FFmpeg-user] Live WebM Streaming

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sun Nov 15 15:44:38 CET 2015

* MKNwebsolutions . on Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 13:05:56 -0500
> I'm converting a live stream (-i rtmp) into libvpx-vp9 output to
> -webm_chunk.  This looks like it's working perfectly (minus a few must have
> future features i.e. auto delete chunks / segments).  Next we generate the
> webm dash manifest (webm_dash_manifest), where we pull the header generated
> in the prior thread.  This here seems to constantly break and is not able
> to generate the manifest.  Output responses yield Operation not permitted
> and unable to detect codec / pixels.
>
> I've found maybe 2 threads on this subject with no answers, I'm going to
> assume no one's determined a solution out of the box yet?

I did not try chunking, but had some success with VOD and the
-dash 1 option - I guess this would not applyi to webm_chunk.

Which audio codec do you use? For me the muxer failed with libopus,
had to use libvorbis.

--
  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]