[FFmpeg-user] Best way to store continuous recordings embedded linux

Kenneth Kron kkron at halomobileguard.com
Wed Nov 11 20:03:05 CET 2015

olaH,

We have a security system that records continuous audio and video and
are trying to figure out the best way to store the video.  Right now we
are recording 15 minute segments as separate recordings and it works OK
but that was just a wild guess.

Our requirements are:

    Near lossless video
    128k audio
    Vlc compatible storage
    Overwrite oldest recordings (we delete the oldest when the disk is
    near full)
    Cloud based video compresson (wifi connectivity assumed)
    Real time streaming

I was thinking that the  -f segment option was created to solve this
problem and I'm experimenting with that but I thought I'd check to see
if anyone has already addressed this problem.

Thanks!