[FFmpeg-user] maintaining full swing when encoding in 10 bit (want to preserve all values from 0-1023)

Marwan Daar marwan.daar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 07:16:58 CET 2015

I tried the scale command with the 10 bit build, but no luck.  Resulting
video was one uniform color rather than 8 distinct bars.

Next, I tried Zeranoe's new 8 bit build (20151109-git-480bad7) which
incorporates zimg, and had the following results:

Code used:

|ffmpeg -i 1.png -vf zscale=r='full' 1.mp4

|When the png file is 8 bit (any 8 bit png), I get the following error:

|[Parsed_zscale_0 @ 00788720] code 3074: no path between colorspaces|

However, when the png file is 10 bit (any 10 bit png), no error occurs,
although the resulting video of course is 8 bit.

Marwan