[FFmpeg-user] Specifying Video Stream with V instead of v

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Nov 9 16:07:44 CET 2015

Le nonidi 19 brumaire, an CCXXIV, Josh Marell a écrit :
> I'm sorry but I guess I don't understand your answer. How does that relate
> to my question about the use of -c:v vs -c:V? Yes "-map 0" includes all
> streams I want all my streams copied from the input to the output, but I
> only want the video file to be converted. What am I not specifying
> though? It seems like there is information missing from your reply.

Yes, there was a word missing (connectbot on a phone, sorry): you are not
specifying the codec for the attached images. By default, the codec for
video in Matroska files is libx264 if it is available, so writing -c:v
libx264 or not is the same (but if you want x264, then by all means write
it, do not rely on the default). You need to specify the codec for the
streams.

> On Monday, November 9, 2015, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

Please remember not to top-post on this mailing list; if you do not know
what it means, look it up.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George