[FFmpeg-user] HD > SD Down-Convert Prores Color

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue May 26 18:37:24 CEST 2015

Kevin Wells <kevwells <at> hotmail.co.uk> writes:

> HD_BARS.mov -s pal -vcodec prores -profile 3 -vtag apch -an
> -movflags +write_colr -an -s pal
> -color_primaries smpte170m -colorspace bt470bg out.mov

> BUT the output is still wrong, much too bright.

I tested the following and the output is less bright afaict:
$ ffmpeg -i HD_BARS.mov -vf colormatrix=bt709:bt470,scale=pal
-movflags +write_colr -color_primaries smpte170m -colorspace bt470bg
-vcodec proves out.mov

Unfortunately, the colormatrix filter only works with eight bit, so
we are back where we originally started.
(My question was why you are inserting yuvy422 colourspace.)

Sorry, Carl Eugen