[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg livestreaming with subtitles

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon May 18 22:24:23 CEST 2015

JamesW2015 <jf_weng-at-yahoo.com <at> ffmpeg.org> writes:

> I have recently asked a question on  ffmpeg livestreaming
> with subtitles
> <http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2115>
> in ffmpeg developer forum

Unrelated: You can call the Gusari forum FFmpeg but
please do not call it a developer forum.

> ffmpeg -re -i india_sub_srt.mp4 -c:v libx264
> -preset fast -maxrate 500k -bufsize 4000k
> -pix_fmt yuv420p -g 50 -c:a copy -c:s copy -f mpegts

You cannot put random codecs (in this case mov_text)
into mpegts, this does not work.
FFmpeg (still) expects you to know what you are
doing and (at least in this case) prints no
warning.
Do you believe that your flv player supports text
subtitles as in this directory?
http://samples.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bugs/trac/ticket2933/
If yes, this could be possible in the future, if not
there is nothing that FFmpeg can do.
Similar for mpegts: What does your player support?