[FFmpeg-user] HD > SD Down-Convert Prores Color

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed May 13 11:07:22 CEST 2015

Kevin Wells <kevwells <at> hotmail.co.uk> writes:

> Hi Carl, Is everything OK with my instructions on
> how to reproduce this issue?

No, FCP is not exactly a requirement for FFmpeg development.

I tested the following:
$ ffmpeg -i HD_Source.mov
-vf colormatrix=bt709:bt601,scale=720:576:flags=lanczos
-vcodec prores out.mov
$ ffmpeg -i out.mov -f rawvideo out1

I then compared the output file out1 with the following
file (the color filter defaults to black):
$ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i color -pix_fmt yuv422p10
-f rawvideo -vframes 1 out2

The luminance of the files is very similar. Are you
reporting different chrominance values for zero
luminance?