[FFmpeg-user] Unable to parse option value "(null)" as sample format

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat May 9 17:28:08 CEST 2015

Madovsky <infos <at> madovsky.org> writes:

> >> I finally solved it by deleting the ffmpeg git
> >> source and clone it again.

> >> maybe a warning to git users to sometimes refresh
> >> the git source would be nice
> >
> > I don't understand this...
>
> on ffmpeg website or wiki something like "sometimes
> refresh git clone"

What I meant was:
I cannot imagine that deleting and cloning FFmpeg can
ever fix a bug (how would that be possible?) - it is
of course possible that you had a local change or that
you did not run make distclean (or even that make
distclean is broken). You would have to compare your
old and your current checkout to know what happened.

If you were right, it would sound more like a bug in
git than in FFmpeg imo...