[FFmpeg-user] teletext subttitle conversion

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 30 21:52:43 CEST 2015

BB <bbutscheidt-at-yahoo.de <at> ffmpeg.org> writes:

> The only thing I know to add is that the only
> text-based codec which seem to work for
> mp4-output is "mov_text".

Unfortunately, some / many players will not show
the subtitles;-(
This may be fixed in GSoC, I at least hope so!

>    configuration: --enable-libzvbi --enable-gpl
> --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-libmp3lame
> --enable-libfaac --enable-version3 --enable-pic
> --enable-postproc --prefix=/usr

Unrelated: --enable-postproc has no effect, please
remove it.
The default for --prefix is /usr, so this is also
unnecessary. The option --enable-version3 has no
positive effect in your configure line afaict,
note that it has unusual license implication iirc.
Are you sure about --enable-pic? I believe it
has a performance hit on x86-32 (and no effect
on x86-64).