[FFmpeg-user] Live streaming keyframes

Haris Zukanovic haris.zukanovic74 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:04:40 CEST 2015

I am using live streaming H264/AAC as input, and need to transcode
additional lower resolution live stream output. Also, I will passtrhu
the input to output but I need these two to be H264 keyframe aligned
streams to be usable as HLS, Smooth, Mpeg-dash futher downstream in my
workflow....

My "idea" is to get ffmpeg to insert keyframes at exactly same frames
and using equal PTS and DTS in the output as found in the input stream?
Is that doable or is there another way to do it without transcoding the
original input which I want to remain at it's original bitrate and video
quality?

thanx for any advice
Haris Zukanovic