[FFmpeg-user] 720p Video Streaming

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Mar 24 10:55:25 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 14:15:28 +0500, Farrukh Javed wrote:

> I am streaming a 720p using FFMPEG. The size of the video is 15.9 MB
> but when I receive the streamed video...the video quality is
> extremely bad and the size of the video is 5 MB. How can I stream the
> video so that I receive the same quality of video that I sent.

When streaming, you always receive the same quality as sent, except for
packet loss. The transport cannot re-encode the video.

What you are probably doing is re-encoding the input video using
ffmpeg. You should show us your ffmpeg command line and the complete,
uncut console output. Everything else is just guessing.

My guess is that you need to use "-c copy".

Moritz