[FFmpeg-user] Frame Synchronization...Video Streaming

Farrukh Javed mohdfjaved at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:12:01 CET 2015

I am streaming a video over WiFi with the help of FFMPEG library (server) and VLC but the streamed video contains many dropped frames.
My method of calculating the PSNR is as follows (I need the frame b frame SNR), Fisrt I break the video into frames and then calculate the PSNR of each frame with the original frames but since there are dropped frames I am unable to synchronize the frames.
Is there a method to either find the PSNR of the frames/ synchronize them of find the exact location of the frame in the video