[FFmpeg-user] Recording audio from mic and speakers from commandline

Mohan G mail2mohan81 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 23:02:10 CET 2015

Hi,
I am using ffmpeg version 2.4.7 on Fedora-21 workstation. I want to
record audio, simultaneously from mic and speakers as separate
streams. I am using the following command for it.

ffmpeg -f alsa -i pulse -f alsa -i default -acodec libmp3lame -map 0:0
-map 1:0 outfile.mkv

But after executing this command in terminal, I have to goto "Volume
Control" settings in GUI, then goto "Recording" tab, change the
"capture from" of one channel to "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" (i.e.,
Mic) and the "capture from" of another channel to "Monitor of Built-in
Audio Analog Stereo" (i.e., Speakers).

But how can this be done completely from command-line, for automating
it to use in scripts.

- Mohan