[FFmpeg-user] How to make partially transparent png image

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 11:09:44 CEST 2015

Dana 28. 6. 2015. 07:28 osoba <compname at verizon.net> napisala je:

> At 6/27/2015 09:02 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> In normal png file, there is no alpha channel, and there is color in the
background. If there is alpha channel in png files, the background can be
transparent, and the object in png file can be partially transparent.

>> How to make a png file with alpha channel, so that, the background is
transparent and the object is partially transparent? Could ffmpeg do it?

> Since ffmpeg is a video processing tool, even if it could I wouldn't
recommend it.  I used another free tool: IrfanView.  I believe you can load
an image into it & tell it to make a certain color/range of colors
transparent.

IrfanView is not free and ffmpeg have already tools to make certain
color/range of colors transparent.