[FFmpeg-user] Capture 1080 50i from decklink

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jun 25 10:02:03 CEST 2015

Maxim Kozlov <rogat1y <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I think 1080i25 is the correct way to describe
> > "50i" - if what is captured are weaved frames
> > then there are only 25 of them per sec.
>
> How to deinterlace such signal(convert true
> 1080i50 to 1080p25) without degrading quality?

If a progressive 25 frames video is encoded as 50
interlaced fields, you should after decoding with
FFmpeg get your original 25 frames: FFmpeg does
not know fields internally, only frames.

Real interlaced material can of course not be
deinterlaced without degrading quality (compared
to the original progressive material): The
information is lost.