[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe problem with using php

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Jun 23 21:58:31 CEST 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 21:27:19 +0200
Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> really and who is that "we don't" in case of a *users* list?

Developers, contributors, and other users who provide actual, useful
help.

> don#t get me wrong but "only direct FFmpeg cli tool usage" is bullshit
> when somebody wants to use exactly *that* inside his scripts and
> applications and has questions

The first step is to make sure the unscripted FFmpeg cli tool command
works and to exclude any issues that are the result of the scripting
itself. It is then up to the user to implement the command with
whatever language they desire. If they need help with that step then
they should be directed towards the appropriate help resources for that
language.

Issues often arise due to problems with the scripting and not with the
FFmpeg cli tool itself. This mailing list is not a scripting,
programming, or general computing help resource.

Feel free to "help" off-list for off-topic issues as much as you desire.