[FFmpeg-user] Error when cross-compiling to x86 with gcc5.1

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jun 22 09:03:59 CEST 2015

Bernd Kuhls <bernd.kuhls <at> t-online.de> writes:

> Target cpu is i586 without mmx:

What target is this?

> > If inline asm is really broken with gcc 5.1 (this
> > is not completely unexpected), please downgrade to
> > a slightly older version (and please report this
> > to gcc).
>
> Compiling ffmpeg with gcc 4.9.2 works fine, I did
> not test any other gcc5 release but 5.1.0.

Thank you for confirming that there is no bug in
FFmpeg...
Is this also reproducible with vanilla 5.1.0
compiled for your desktop? I believe we can handle
known-to-be-broken compilers specifically, I
hope I won't forget to test this myself.

> If I am reading [configure line 2074] correctly
> then inline asm is only needed for a mmx-enabled
> build so disabling it, like in my non-mmx
> testcase, is ok, right?

This doesn't sound correct to me, afair inline
non-mmx asm exists in FFmpeg (and is not unusual).