[FFmpeg-user] Is possible to capture a frame and convert a video file in the same ffmpeg command?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jun 20 13:16:02 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 06:45:46 +0000, Dani A wrote:
> Is it possible to use one ffmpeg command to capture a frame and convert a video file to another format?

Dani, you have to give better explanations of what you are trying to
achieve. Best with an example, full command line, uncut console output.
What were you expecting, what happened?

In this case:
I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. If you "capture a
frame" with ffmpeg, you need to process it in order for it to make some
sense. What's supposed to happen with it? What does it have to do with
your other video file? If nothing, WHY do you want it done in one
command?

Moritz