[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg, Optimize for size

Conor Mac Aoidh conormacaoidh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:10:56 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I've built ffmpeg for ARM but I would like to also optimize the binary
for size ('-Os' flag).

When I add this flag to my configure script:
/
//--extra-cflags="-Os -Wno-deprecated-declarations -I../x264
-mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -fPIE -DANDROID -pie"/

The configure works, but spits out this segment, telling me that
optimize for size is disabled:

/ARCH                      arm (cortex-a8)//
//big-endian                no//
//runtime cpu detection     yes//
//ARMv5TE enabled           yes//
//ARMv6 enabled             yes//
//ARMv6T2 enabled           yes//
//ARM VFP enabled           yes//
//NEON enabled              yes//
//debug symbols             yes//
//strip symbols             yes//
//optimize for size         no//
/
I'm not sure whether this is referring to the same optimize for size
feature as the compiler flag. Either way, how can I enable this?

Thanks!

Conor