[FFmpeg-user] what program to use to grab device and send to ffserver?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Tue Jun 16 19:30:08 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo <at> americasnet.com> writes:
>
> > I have a BlackMagic Design Ultrastudio mini recorder
> > connected to macbook pro thunderbolt. But it seems
> > the only program that recognizes the device is FMLE.
>
> What is FMLE?
> Why can't you feed whatever FMLE produces to ffmpeg
> (the application)?

Sorry, it is Flash Media Live Encoder, and it does its own encoding and
sends to a server like Red5 or Flash Media Server.

I was hoping to not have to use FMLE and instead something that can push
directly to ffserver.

Certainly I can feed the FMLE output to ffmpeg and then to ffserver but
then I'm just adding another component into the chain.

I was hoping to go directly to ffserver, if for example ffmpeg was able to
see the input video device.

thanks
Ricardo