[FFmpeg-user] Straightening out image from GoPro - what is a good approach?

Jesper Taxbøl jesper at taxboel.dk
Mon Jun 15 19:33:46 CEST 2015

I am working on straightening out a video from a GoPro4 shot with the stock
lens at 1080S setting.

Example images uploaded here:
http://imgur.com/KYcZGTf,ILHUWBj,lserDt3,ruWKGhs,NVxtBv0,q3c6xpt,nieBLBX,QuwoMQp,1Uvzcbq,3DqczbP,jaxAQNF

I have made a python program where I try to tweak the lenscorrection filter
parameters, but with little luck so far.

I have also tried finding the parameters using opencv via openframeworks,
but that does not work well either. I guess the method is more suited for
cameras with less distortion?

I am currently looking at the frei0r filter extension defish0r. I have made
a small python script where i adjust parameters, but with little luck so
far as the tweak domain seams enormous.

What is a practical approach to finding a good filter configuration? Is
there a killer tool that use the frei0r plugins so I can adjust the
parameters more easily.

Kind regards

Jesper