[FFmpeg-user] ffserver crashes while retrieving a stream with missing feed

Adrian Schwartz schwartazi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:12:42 CEST 2015

Hello users
I'm using the ffserver (2.6.3 on ubuntu) with the configuration mentioned
below.
When the feeder is offline and I try to stream using rtp with vlc, the
server is crashing after a few play retries of the vlc player.

When I run the ffserver with loglevel 64 I saw that the before the crash
the server had indicated AVIOContext statistics , I'm not sure if thats
related.

How can I avoid this crash?

Regards
Adrian

HTTPPort 8090
RTSPPort 9990
BindAddress 0.0.0.0
MaxClients 1000
MaxBandwidth 30000
CustomLog /var/log/ffserver.log

<Feed feed1.ffm>
File /tmp/feed1.ffm
FileMaxSize 100K
ACL allow 192.168.26.0 192.168.29.255
ACL allow 127.0.0.1
ACL allow 10.0.0.0 10.0.0.255
ACL allow 192.168.26.0 192.168.29.255
</Feed>

<Feed feed2.ffm>
File /tmp/feed2.ffm
FileMaxSize 100K
ACL allow 192.168.26.0 192.168.29.255
ACL allow 127.0.0.1
ACL allow 10.0.0.0 10.0.0.255
ACL allow 192.168.26.0 192.168.29.255
</Feed>

<Feed feed3.ffm>
File /tmp/feed3.ffm
FileMaxSize 100K
ACL allow 192.168.26.0 192.168.29.255
ACL allow 127.0.0.1
ACL allow 10.0.0.0 10.0.0.255
ACL allow 192.168.26.0 192.168.29.255
</Feed>

<Feed feed4.ffm>
File /tmp/feed4.ffm
FileMaxSize 100K
ACL allow 192.168.26.0 192.168.29.255
ACL allow 127.0.0.1
ACL allow 10.0.0.0 10.0.0.255
ACL allow 192.168.26.0 192.168.29.255
</Feed>

<Stream live1.mp4>
Feed feed1.ffm
Format rtp
#BitExact
#DctFastint
IdctSimple
VideoFrameRate 30
VideoSize 320x240
VideoBitRate 256
VideoGopSize 10
NoAudio

#StartSendOnKey
#MaxTime 100
</Stream>

<Stream live2.mp4>
Feed feed2.ffm
Format rtp
#BitExact
#DctFastint
IdctSimple
VideoFrameRate 30
VideoSize 320x240
VideoBitRate 256
VideoGopSize 10
NoAudio

#StartSendOnKey
#MaxTime 100
</Stream>

<Stream live3.mp4>
Feed feed3.ffm
Format rtp
#BitExact
#DctFastint
IdctSimple
VideoFrameRate 30
VideoSize 320x240
VideoBitRate 256
VideoGopSize 10
NoAudio

#StartSendOnKey
#MaxTime 100
</Stream>

<Stream live4.mp4>
Feed feed4.ffm
Format rtp
#BitExact
#DctFastint
IdctSimple
VideoFrameRate 30
VideoSize 320x240
VideoBitRate 256
VideoGopSize 10
NoAudio

#StartSendOnKey
#MaxTime 100
</Stream>

#<Stream stat.html>
#Format status

# Only allow local people to get to the status
#ACL allow localhost
#ACL allow 192.168.0.0 192.168.255.255

#</Stream>