[FFmpeg-user] Private Options for prores-ks

Kimio Miyamura xanadu at apost.plala.or.jp
Tue Jun 2 15:30:50 CEST 2015

> 2015/06/02 21:02, Kevin Wells <kevwells at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I am using this option but when opening the output file up in Quicktime 10 (Yosemite), the file shows the format as Lavc56.39.101 prores_ks instead of Apple Prores 422 HQ.
>> Is there anyway to change this so in Quicktime 10 (Yosemite), it displays Apple Prores 422 HQ. Openig the file in Quicktime 7 Pro correctly displays the format as Apple Prores 422 HQ.

I'm not familiar with Apple Prores or kind of HD movies, but I can say that you should understand this issue is *NOT* related with ffmpeg.

This is OS X related issue.

Even though the name of application is same, QuickTime 7 and QuickTime after Mavericks is completely different.  QuickTime after Mavericks is based on AV foundation and it is just having QuickTime as application name.

So naturally, you should understand both *DIFFERENT* application may show different result.

// Miya