[FFmpeg-user] Cutting thousands of segments using trim

Bogdan Harjoc harjoc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 14:47:24 CEST 2015

I'm working on automatically extracting short (20sec) segments from long
(2hours) sport videos. For example actual tennis points from a full match.
I have a list of intervals that I want to join into a single final video.

My question is whether ffmpeg trim filter can handle trimming and joining
1000 short segments or whether there is a better approach (saving each
segment in a file and then joining them up).

Regards,
Bogdan