[FFmpeg-user] Inserting Seekable Offsets in m4a Audio File

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jul 27 02:08:28 CEST 2015

Budgie <ajebay <at> errichel.co.uk> writes:

> > Does seeking in the original file works with ffplay?

> I cannot answer your question because I do
> not know how to try "seeking" from a console.

(I don't understand what you are saying here.)

Did you try playing your input file with ffplay?
Does it play? Did you try to seek?
Did you try to wildly click into the window that
opened? (Did a window open?)
Did you try to press all buttons on your keyboard
that might make sense when trying to seek?

I am assuming here that you are using a desktop
system that allows ffplay to open a window. If
this is not the case, you can try to seek with
ffmpeg:
$ ffmpeg -ss 10 -i input out.wav

Please fix your quoting / please trim your quotes,