[FFmpeg-user] How to capture an RTMP stream

Deron deron at pagestream.org
Sat Jul 25 18:27:10 CEST 2015

On 7/25/15 9:57 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Deron <deron <at> pagestream.org> writes:
>
>> Well, my rtmpdump _does_ work. It claims to be v2.4 and I was able to
>> get the stream and pipe it to ffmpeg. Inelegant, but it works. Sadly,
>> the audio/video is out of sync by about 75ms. Just enough to be annoying.
> Does the same desync exist with FFmpeg?
>
> Carl Eugen

I would have to get ffmpeg to work to begin with to test that. Should I
try ffmpeg without librtmp?

It could be the stream source itself for all I know, but I would still
need to adjust sync someplace along the food chain if so. I was just
wondering if there was some unexplored option to adjust audio sync in
this case within ffmpeg.

Thanks for everyone's time,

Deron